- Make sure your domain name loads. If it doesn’t load your your email account won’t work.
- Make sure you have setup your email accounts at yourdomain.com/cpanel .
- Make sure that you already have an account setup
You are now ready to begin setting up advanced email account settings.
- Open Outlook Express
- Go to “Tools” and click on “Accounts“
- A “Internet Accounts” window will pop up. High-lite you account and click on “Properties“
- This will open a window with 4 or 5 tabs. Click on the “Servers“tab.
- Verify your mail server in each box.
In the Incoming mail (POP3) field type mail.yourdomain.com
In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) field type mail.yourdomain.com
(so if your domain name is elitepolls.com, then you would put “mail.elitepolls.com” there). Click Next.
- Now type in your username that you have setup from cpanel using the following format:”yourusername+yourdomain.com” rather than “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- Verify that “Outgoing Mail Server” has a check mark next to “My server requires authentication“
- Next click on the “Advanced” tab. Set the “Outgoing mail (SMTP):” value to 26.
- Just click “OK” and “Close” – send a test message. — Your done.